Sunday, November 27, 2005

World War III

World War III has been occurring in my tummy all night. Oh no, not those "I'm ready to come out" kind of wars, but those "uh-oh, I'm right-side up and I'm supposed to be upside-down" kind of wars. "Maybe I'll try to get up-side down?" Sure, good in theory that he's finally trying to flip but it's a little too late for that one. This 6+ pound baby in my tummy has no room to be doing somersaults this late in the game. He really should have thought about this a couple of weeks ago when he might have still had some room to turn! So, in the meantime my right rib feels more bruised than ever and I had a terrible nights sleep. I can literally feel him move his little bottom up underneath my right rib then get stuck. Right now he's laying sideways virtually, but his head still hasn't moved from it's original position. Somebody ought to tell him that if he has any chance of flipping his head has to move first.

I tried to appease him with some Cocoa Pebbles, a peace-offering, we'll see if that gets my day off to a better start than my night. I was tossing and turning in bed and decided I ought to get up--there's no use in us both having a terrible nights sleep, (me and Rob, not me and the baby--the baby doesn't seem to sleep much at night). Anyway, I had a bad dream that Rob robbed a bi-mart, and he only got $30 out of the deal. I screamed at him all of the way home because now he was going to get arrested and I was going to have to go to the hospital all by myself and take care of the kids and he would lose his job etc. I even told him that the worse part is that his conscience isn't going to let him keep it anyway and I knew he'd turn himself in even if he didn't get caught. So I woke Rob up to tell him this news this morning and all he said to me is, "You know I'd give it back." He didn't reassure me that he'd never do it, only that he'd give it back!

Today will be my last Sunday at church with only one child. I have a hard enough time getting up and ready on time when I'm just caring for two of us, I can't imagine a third. This is where a Saturday night service would come in very handy! I'll have to do a better job in the future of laying out clothes and maybe even breakfast in advance. It's so hard to believe that in less than a week I will really get to meet my little boy. Time flies! I'm so excited!

I think the thing I'm most excited about is for Leeann to meet her little brother. This has been a long anticipated event that has spanned the last 1/3 of her little life. It will drastically change the dynamics of our family, but it's going to make it so much fun! She's been extra excited about her babies lately, constantly feeding them and putting them to sleep and holding them. I know that she knows, I just don't know how well she actually understands that this baby in mommy's tummy is coming out very soon and will come to live with us. As much as I am excitedly anticipating the birth of our boy, I'm most excited about Leeann getting to come into the room and us spending our first few minutes together as a family. We're pretty sure that this is the end of the road for building our family. A family of four seems to be a good fit for us right now. This, of course, is subject to change down the road... but for now the future holds just the four of us.

Well, I suppose it's late enough now that I might even be able to sneak in a shower before Rob wakes up... who knows, maybe I'll get to church on time? Even better, maybe I'll have time to stop by Steamers for a blended chocolate milk with gooey caramel... yum! Okay, that's pushing it... I'll aim for just getting there on time today.

I hope your day is wonderful today, whoever you are. I'm not convinced my blog gets read on the weekends, so I could very well be simply talking to myself. That's okay, I'm sure I'll enjoy reading over these someday. I was never very good about journaling, but I'm actually doing a decent job of keeping up on this one so far. Okay, really, I'm going now...

No comments: