Sunday, November 13, 2005

Our Weekend

PARTY

Rob, Leeann and I went to my hometown, St. Helens, this Friday to celebrate my aunt Patty's 50th Birthday! It also happen to be her daughter, Jenni's (and probably my very bestest friend besides Rob) Birthday too! So HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENNI AND PATTY!!! We had a great time and we got to stay with my other aunt Pam and uncle Steve. We stayed up way too late talking, but it was such great fun. The next day we had lunch at my very favorite restaurant in the whole-wide world--yeah for SunShine Pizza! Then... we headed home.

CAR TROUBLES

Car troubles only seem to happen when we are far away from home. We were about 7 miles outside of my home town headed back this way when steam/smoke started billowing from our heater vent by the windshield. We immediately pulled over, and clueless we called my dad. He came to our rescue and sent us on our way. Apparently we are not holding the water in our car--it's something that we need to get fixed! Anyway, we headed on our way and things seemed fine for the remainder of the drive anyway.

CHRISTMAS SHOPPING

The three of us decided to take a little Christmas shopping break at the Woodburn Outlet Mall. It was quite fun! I do enjoy shopping for people. Here's the problem though. I want to be thoughtful and practical. Christmas lists seem like such a funny thing, but I'd far rather get someone something that they'll want and use than something that they'll regift to someone next year. But does asking them what they want take the real fun out of Christmas? I just don't know! It's one thing to ask a parent what their kid wants because it's still a surprise to them and you can assure that mom and dad won't just throw it in the "that's too noisy" pile. But parents on the other hand--you can't really just ask their kids ya know! For that matter, Rob and I can't even figure out what we want, how is anybody else supposed to figure it out? Ah, the Christmas dilemma. Bottom line though, our Christmas shopping has to get done a little early this year. You just never know when and how this baby's going to come!

BABY BABY BABY

He's still breech. What more can I say? I've been beginning to experience contractions that seem more and more real, although I still don't know what the really-real ones feel like. I was getting a little paranoid last night though and quizzed Rob on how to get ahold of my doctor in an emergency, her name, where to find her # etc. Just in case! But I slept through the night without any problems and I haven't felt anymore contractions as of this morning, so I think I'm fine. We still plan to go in on Tuesday to try to flip the baby. I think I'll feel better when I get more questions answered then.

LEEANN

Do little girls come any sweeter than her? I'm not convinced! She's such an amazingly sweet, beautiful blessing from God! She had quite a cough this morning and I haven't been feeling great myself so Rob got her up this morning and stuck her in bed with me and encouraged us not to go to church this morning. That doesn't happen very often at all, but in my current state I was quick to oblige. Of course, it doesn't mean she's going to sleep in... she insisted on 'more' just after Rob put her down with me. Oh it would have been nice to sleep until 9:00. Maybe we can take an early nap today?

NURSERY

Rob and I did a little work in the baby's room last night. I organized and put away all of the baby shower stuff and I also got out all of his clothes and sorted them. I washed a couple of loads but I have several more to put through the wash today. This kid already has more clothes than I do and it's they are all in the 0-9 month category! What a huge blessing that is though. Rob's sister, Suzy has two boys who were born in December and January and she gave us all of their clothes. I tell you what--they are some super-cute clothes too! Many of them look like they've never been worn and are far cuter than anything I'd ever buy. I simply don't have any fashion sense, that's all there is to it! Suzy on the other hand most certainly does. She's letting my borrow all of her maternity clothes too. It's the first time in my life I've ever worn anything trendy either. It's a good thing, it helps me feel cute during my "I'm getting so fat" times of despair! THANKS SUZY!!

BABY JOEL

Baby Joel was transferred to Emmanuel Children's Hospital this weekend. Please continue to pray for him and his family as things seem quite unstable at this point in time. An excerpt from a recent prayer request reads:
"He has been diagnosed with a heart defect called Tetrology of Fallot, and was transported today (Friday) by ambulance up to Emmanuel Children's Hospital in Portland.
The doctors thought it would be best if he were closer to them because he may need to have surgery as a result of his oxygen levels falling. They HAD hoped to wait until he was 3-6 mos. old. In the meantime, has been put on a medication that will help open the affected heart valve. Unfortunately, this medication can cause the baby to quit breathing, in which case he would have to be put on a respirator." I was told yesterday that he was indeed required to be put on a respirator.
I'll keep you updated as I hear more. In the meantime, please, please pray!

No comments: