Thursday, November 17, 2005

4 a.m. Feedings Already?

Baby Buhl will not be born for yet another two weeks, but he's already demanding 4 a.m. feedings! A weird pregnancy craving? I wish! Actually, he's woken me up several times this morning already because his four little appendages are all packing quite a punch at the same spot in my right ribs that he's been wearing down for weeks. (He's literally folded in half and his hands and feet are all together in one spot.) The kicks and punches are getting harder and more frequent. I feel so beaten and bruised, but it's on the inside and there's just nothing I can do about it. I woke up at one point thinking, "I wish someone else could babysit, for even just one whole night so I can get a good nights sleep laying on my tummy with no bathroom breaks and no kicking!"

So why the 4 a.m. feeding you ask? I'm hoping that the rumbling of my tummy digesting will put him to sleep and I'm rocking back and forth in my computer chair hoping that he'll fall asleep and keep his hands and feet to himself for a few hours! I wake up in the middle of the night moaning "ouch, stop and move". He doesn't seem to listen, but it usually wakes Rob up. I get a few minutes of being held sympathetically out of the deal... being pregnant has its perks too :0)

So here I am, hopeful to crawl back in bed and sleep for as long as my dear sweet Leeann will let me. She's been sleeping in somedays until 8 or 9, today would be a beautiful day for that to happen. She often will come into our room somewhere between 4 and 7 in the morning and bring her blanket and pillow and lay on our floor. When she's in there she'll just patiently lay on the floor until we get out of bed, even if she's been awake for hours. She's quite careful not to bother us which is really cute. I think she's a little girl full of compassion. Her demeanor is so sweet, giving and selfless... I can't imagine a sweeter child!

I'm sure Baby will be sweet too, it's just hard to imagine when he's causing me so much bodily grief! Only 15 days, only 15 days! I hope your nights sleep was better than mine and that all is going well in your neck of the woods!

No comments: