Saturday, November 19, 2005

An Evening to Myself

In light of my slight emotional breakdown Thursday night Rob insisted that I stay home all by myself yesterday evening. Rob and Leeann left to have dinner in Portland with Grandpa and Grandma Buhl and to do a little Christmas shopping. The kids I watch left about 5:45 leaving me several hours to do whatever I wanted, provided I do it all by myself (I have a hard time being alone... but it's good for me!)

So, I got some Burgerville--yummy--and brought it home, snuggled on the couch and watched a chick flick. Then I got a big bowl of ice cream, turned up the heat in my house (we usually keep it at 68, I 'splurged' and turned it up to 70, hey it was my night!) and I watched my whole movie without anyone making fun of it!

Then I took a bath and read my Bible and lesiurley picked up a few things around the house. Rob and Leeann didn't come home until almost 10:30! It was so much fun just to be by myself for a few hours, I forget how little that happens. When it does happen it's usually because Leeann's sleeping and there's little that I can do while she's just in the next room. Our house isn't very big! The only problem that I had was trying to figure out what to do with my time. I kind of wanted to do some Christmas shopping, but that would just put me around more people and isn't necessarily relaxing. Then I thought about doing chores, but hey, I can do those anytime. I decided that the best use of my time was just to veg out a little and 'splurge' on a few little things that would make me feel special, like chicken strips and ice cream and a movie!

It was good times had by all. Leeann and Rob had a nice 'date' together too and they even brought me home Krispy Kreme doughnuts! Then, to top it all off, Rob let me sleep in until almost 10 today. Needless to say I'm in a better mood than I was Thursday! My husband is wonderful, that's all there is to it!

This afternoon we do some housework and this evening we're having a family time as we set up for Christmas! This is my favorite time of year!

No comments: