Tuesday, November 22, 2005

A Just Plain Beautiful Morning!

Isn't it amazing how different our perspective on a day can be when we wake up naturally verses because of an alarm, a telephone or a even a child? Today was such a day and as I looked over at the alarm clock which read 8:58, I smiled to myself. I think it must have been 9:03 when I heard Leeann softly say "Daddy... daddy?" Ah, a day with NO PLANS, NO COMMITMENTS, NO SCHEDULE, NO MEETINGS, NO STRESS! It's a beautiful day. Ironically when I have a lot to do I feel like I have no energy to do it. Today I feel like I have a lot of energy and I'm looking forward to what I can get done. I still have a "to do before baby comes list" and I look forward to crossing some things off of there today. I'll probably do some Christmas shopping since it's during the day time currently and the stores are WAY TOO busy any other time. It already kind of hurts to stand up for very long, so it definitely works better to go when I have to stand in the shortest line possible!

Other than that we'll be spending Thanksgiving with my family this year and Rob and I are both looking forward to getting some good time with them. My family doesn't consist of a normal set of parents and some siblings. My "family" literally is a whole host of grandparents, aunts and uncles, brothers and sisters, cousins and their kids. We usually even 'adopt' a fair amount of people who are either loosely affiliated with our family or are just friends of the family who need a family to spend Thankgiving with. You just never know who's going to be there! I tell you what, Thanksgiving dinner is usually pretty much the same every year (which I appreciate) and it's the best Thanksgiving this side of Mississippi!

The only "unbeautiful" part about this morning is that my Grandfather (dad's dad) had a heart attack a couple of days ago and is undergoing a 5 bi-pass surgery today. Please pray for him, for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery. I'll keep you updated. Apparently my little brother (2 years-old) drank some Orange cleaner last night and had to go to the hospital. I'm presuming that the fact that I haven't heard from anybody regarding that is a good sign?

No comments: