Tuesday, November 15, 2005

17 Days and Counting!

My dear, sweet, stubborn baby remains in the breech position after an attempt at an external version (where they try to make him do a sommersault and land head-down). It was somewhat painful, although not unbearable. She again assured us that it is not likely that he will turn at this point--he's obviously quite comfortable where he is!

I was quite happy to see that he is indeed a boy, without a doubt. I have remained slightly paranoid about him popping out a girl and not having a name! The ultrasound tech hasn't been wrong since 1982 though, and it was really very obvious so my paranoia can rest now! It wasn't a very in-depth ultrasound but everything seemed to look good so far.

So, we scheduled a C-Section for Friday, December 2nd at 12:30 in the afternoon. If all goes well we should all be able to come home by Sunday afternoon. I'm excited to have a date in mind now, it puts me to ease a little just knowing when to have the room done, my laundry done, my grocery shopping, my Christmas shopping etc. And I'll know to get a good nights rest too!

With that, I'll be going now, I have to think of approximately 17 more baby name clues, including one for today... I'll be honest I'm kind of running out of ideas! I'll post again as soon as I think of one.

3 comments:

Krista said...

Sorry the version didn't work, but... He'll share a birthday with Lily!!! The wonderful part... his birthday will always be the weekend after the Thanksgiving sales. :D

Krista said...

Oops - I meant week, not weekend. I doubt his birthday will always be on a weekend. hehe

Robyn said...

I like after Thanksgiving sales--thanks for giving me something to look forward too!