Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Exciting Day


SURPRISE

Today was simply a great day--I love spending time with my family! Rob took the day off of work today because I've been planning a surprise for him for the last two-months and today was finally the day to reveal it :0) We met a professor of ours from Western Baptist for lunch today. We haven't gotten the chance to talk with him since my sophomore year of college. He was such a key part of our time at WBC, and even a part of us getting together, and we never really got the chance to say good-bye to him because he left rather unexpectedly part way through the fall semester. He's such a crazy guy and he taught us both soooo much! Anyway, it was great to sit down with he and his wife for a few hours and talk. Oh, how I wish it could have been the whole day, he's a man with so much spunk, wisdom and knowledge!


CAMERA

After lunch we decided to head to Salem to purchase a new camera. It's been on our 'major purchase' list for quite some time now. We had anticipated being able to get one after Christmas (okay, okay partially counting on getting some Christmas money... is it terrible to spend it before it actually comes?) but we decided to get it early so that we could have it for the baby's arrival and for the holiday's too. We purchased our first camera just after we got married for far too much money and it became quickly outdated. So we decided to go with a fairly cheap and easy-to-use model recognizing that we will probably need to replace it again in a few years or so. This one is far more kid friendly as it reloads quickly. Hopefully it will allow us to get some better shots. The ones I'm posting today are from our new camera. We are quite excited about our purchase.


Leeann showing off for the new camera


Leeann playing with the baby's tractor.
She seems to think it's hers!


Daddy getting his princess ready for bed.

LOWES & HOME DEPOT

We ended the day with a trip to Lowe's where we were dreaming about doing an expansion on our house. The dream may actually become a reality in the near future... I'll keep you updated on that as it happens too. As for now though, Rob is at Home Depot picking up some stuff to finish the baby's closet. He tore down some old closet organizers and is replacing them with a standard bar and shelf unit. I'm anxious to get it done so that we can start putting the nursery together. Is it terrible that it still isn't together yet and we just have a few short weeks left? Oh well!


BABY BLANKET

I finished the baby's blanket a few weeks ago, but I haven't posted a picture yet. My mother-in-law wanted to see it so I'll include it in today's photo's. We are doing a John Deere theme in the baby's bedroom and I wanted to make him a blanket to match the theme. Well, I found some fabric on the internet that I really wanted. I happen to be spoiled by my mother-in-law who not only had some already in her craft closet, but then proceeded to go on a wild goose chase over several weeks to find some more of it. Not only that, but then she bought me the coordinating fabric and she's making some curtains to match. AND she even helped me cut out the squares which made making the blanket far less stressful and time consuming. What can I say, she's great! I'm not sure who's more excited about this baby, me or her. The funny part is I think this is Grandchild number 13 or something crazy like that. I guess they're all super-special in Grandma's eyes!


GETTING BIGGER

It's getting harder to drive as my belly is now touching the steering wheel. I have to sit very close to the wheel so that I can reach the pedals. At 4'11"my legs just aren't that long. Go ahead, tease me, it's okay. Hopefully I'll be able to drive for the next couple of weeks, but there may come a time where I just have to give it up all together. I also realized that I'm getting much bigger when my wedding ring became stuck on my swollen finger. I took it off, and then I cried. It's such a part of me, I don't like being without it. Rob took a picture of me tonight with our new camera. Take note of the increasingly large belly and the cute slippers!

No comments: