Saturday, January 07, 2006

They Fit! (not the same, but they fit!)

I originally hadn't had any hopes of getting back into my normal clothes until this summer, because they say it takes nine months to put it on, you should expect nine months to take it off. Well, I'm still waiting because it isn't all off... but I fit into my pants and I even buttoned them this morning! YEAH!

Okay, so I admit they don't fit quite the same as they used to, BUT I can button them and still breathe, which makes them at least wearable! These are the pants that I've been measuring my baby-fat loss with. Every couple of days I'll put them on just for kicks--to see if I'm getting any closer to being able to wear them. Well, today... I'm going to wear them just because I can! I might just wear them tomorrow and the next day too (depending on how my other pants fit!)

However, I did finally give up on some of my clothes from Jr. High/early High School. We moved my dresser into Leeann's room before Titus came home so we would have a place for his bassinet, and Leeann needed a dresser anyway. So on Wednesday I finally got around to clearing my clothes out of it (most of which I no longer wore). I finally admitted to myself that I was never going to fit back into those teeny tiny jeans I wore 10 years ago and the world would be a better place if I passed them on. And some of my really playful (i.e. youthful) t-shirts I passed along as well. In fact, I got rid of a fairly good sized garbage bag full of clothes and it felt nice. Not to mention the fact that we have lot's more room now. I was holding onto a lot of stuff 'just in case', but in reality they are things I will probably never wear again.

So, my challenge to you for the day is this: Go through your closet or your drawers and get rid of 10 items you no longer wear, or face it, no longer fit! Place them in a bag and take them to your local Good Will or pass them along to someone who might use them. Don't make a day of it, don't stress over it, just make a goal of 10 things. You'll feel good about it and it will be that much less that you'll have to look through next time you are looking for something you actually want to wear.

No comments: