Wednesday, January 25, 2006

More House Stuff

Our house is officially sold (well, pending inspection, financing going through yada yada yada)! We got our full price offer (which is amazing in itself), and Rob and I are thrilled!

We almost lost the other house though. Although the house has been on the market for the better part of 10 months, lo and behold, another offer came in at the same time as ours. We offered significantly less than it was worth so when we were told that another offer came in my heart sunk... I thought we might lose the house unless she countered both of our offers. If she did that we would both have to offer our best offer, which is difficult to do. We don't want to pay too much for it, but we want it, so what do we offer? It was kind of sad to think about losing it. I got a call from our agent last night however saying that she is more intrigued by our offer because we have an offer on our home already. So she came down a little and I think we'll probably accept before she gets too frustrated with us and just goes with this other person... or before the other person sells their home too and we're back in the make your best offer boat.

I spent so much of last night imagining where things would go, which kid would get which room, how we're going to decorate the bathrooms. I have a big goal of keeping the garage clean, I am determined to be able to park in it. Can you imagine, not having to shuffle kids and groceries in and out in the rain? Or if Leeann falls asleep in the van I could safely leave her there until she wakes up (with the door to the house open of course!) I really am so excited!

OTHER NEWS:

Titus went to bed about 10:30ish last night and didn't wake up until 6 this morning! Oh, that felt so good! He spent most of the day awake yesterday, so I think he might be getting the hang of this night-time day-time thing!

I'm continuing to learn more and more about photography and editing, and the inner workings of developing and running a small business. It really is quite an adventure for me! I hope to get a nice camera before too long. I think that's what I'm going to save my first couple of months of photography earnings for. Bottom line--it's a fun job!

Well, I think I'm going to get my household up and running before any of my cleanliness gets messed up, and before anyone calls and says "Can I show your house in 15 minutes?" I think it's listed as contingent today however, so we shouldn't be seeing too much more traffic.

I hope your day is wonderful, as always!

No comments: