Friday, January 06, 2006

But, What Number do Mommy's Call?

When Rob was sick on Tuesday, he didn't even have to call into work--I did it for him. BUT, I knew exactly who to call and the secretary, Lauri assured me everything would be fine without him but she'd call if she needed him. So Rob enjoyed an entire day of rest (well, mostly because the kids were still here and we do make noise. The next day he wasn't feeling spectacular, but he was much better.

Today I woke up with a headache, a stuffy nose that runs (isn't it ironic) and a slightly sore throat. I'm tired. No, I'm plain pooped! Ask Titus if he cares though. Leeann? Nope, she doesn't really care either, although she does sympathize a little, she seems to be more helpful and subdued and easier to entertain when she knows I'm not feeling well. The kids I babysit for? Well, they are helpful, but the boys still needed woken up fairly early and Krista still needed a ride to school. Byron needed lunch (which isn't so bad, it made me eat and of course Leeann had to eat too). Krista will need picked up after a while and they will all need a snack at some point.

Picking up Krista means 6 of us in my car now. We have two carseats in the back with just a little bit of room for Krista. Byron and Tony both have to sit up front which makes it squished. Byron really shouldn't be up there as he's pretty small and I have a driver's side air bag. We continue to pray hard for a mini-van... understandable? There have been many days that I've prayed one would just show up in our driveway. Not a new one, not even a nice one necessarily--just a well working one. I haven't seen a great deal of well-working free mini-vans though lately though... have you? Let me know if you happen to come across one!

No comments: