Sunday, January 08, 2006

My Grandpa Beaston

About 15 minutes ago Rob looked at his cell phone and saw that he had missed a call at 2:30 this morning. Nobody likes calls that early because it's never good news. It was my cousin's cell phone number and I knew in my gut right away why she was calling. (I accidently left mine at the church yesterday, so I obviously didn't have it with me)

I tried to call her, and my dad to no avail. So I tried my aunt whom I woke up (sorry Pam) who confirmed that my Grandpa had passed away a little after 2:00 this morning. My other Grandfather passed away in September. Please pray for my Grandma who I imagine must be going through a great deal right now. I can think of no greater saddness that one must go through than to lose a spouse, except maybe to lose a child. I don't like it when people are sick, and I certainly don't like it when people die, especially when they are family. As I grow older the number of people that I lose that are dear to me is only going to grow. I wish it wasn't that way...

No comments: