Thursday, January 05, 2006

My Case for an Artificial Christmas Tree

I decided to take down my tree today. Nobody forced me to, nobody told me to, the tree wasn't dying, I didn't have to get it out to the recycle, it wasn't a fire hazard... it was just good timing for me... so I did! Did I mention that I don't have to clean up any pine needles and I didn't even have to water it once?

Besides that, all of the ornaments fit right back into the boxes they came out of. Better yet, when I pull them out next year I'll have the perfect amount of ornaments for my tree... because it's the same tree! The strands of lights I have and the beaded garland will be the perfect length!

It will be placed out into the garage when my husband returns, along with the box of perfectly coordinating Christmas ornaments and it will be ready to pull out whenever we want next year.

I don't have to wait until after Thanksgiving to put my tree up, because that's when they start going on sale. I could put mine up after Halloween if I want to. And guess how much I'll pay? NOTHING! Rob's mom graciously passed hers along to us when we got married. We'll never spend any money on a tree and we'll never have to buy more ornaments for when we 'get a bigger tree next year'. So what can I say, we're cheap. It's just the way we are! I know, I know, 'but the smell of Christmas is lost'... they make all sorts of air freshners and potpourri to suite your fancy these days. Or better yet, cut a branch off of the neighbors tree and sneak behind yours.

So, there's my random ranting for the day.

No comments: