Sunday, January 29, 2006

Mr. Smiley Pants

There are few moments worth blogging about at 5:30 in the morning, but this is one of them...

I begrudgingly got up to feed Titus at five, though it'd been a good 5 1/2 hours since he last ate and I should be grateful. He didn't give me a very good burp which he usually does--so I should have taken extra precaution. I changed him because I was worried about a blowout with the sounds that had come out of him since I came into his room, and I picked him up to try to burp him one last time. He was sounding quite wheezy and I wanted to try to clear him up like a good mommy. I held him with his head over my shoulder and not more than 10 seconds later he threw up. Not spit up. Threw up! A puddle was on the carpet, all down the front of him and of course on me too. Just when I wanted to crawl back into bed and make Rob clean him up he looked up at me with a HUGE SMILE! It was the most handsome smile ever and it was like he was saying, "Thank you mommy!". I think I could have done without the throw up, but I'm glad for such great smiles. It makes being a mommy at 5 in the morning far easier to cope with!

No comments: