Tuesday, January 10, 2006

It's Back... (but this time we're not purple)

Yup, the most awful terrible painful thing in the whole world--thrush--is back. Before you get too sad and start sending me cards and flowers and chocolate by the truck loads, it's not nearly as bad as it was last time. On second thought, maybe you should go ahead and send the chocolate... it couldn't hurt! I noticed some white in Titus's mouth on Saturday and nearly burst into tears at the mere thought of getting it again. It's slowly been becoming more painful to feed him, but it is so far from the pain that it was last time that I wasn't even positive that we had it. We do though and we're being treated so everything should be better soon. She suspects that it maybe never totally went away. I dunno, but I'm thankful we caught it before it got too bad. So, in the meantime I'll just sit here and wait for my truck loads of chocolate to come...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found your blog via Rebekah's page. I battled yeast/thrush related to nursing for about 6 months. I'd be glad to share what I've learned, but don't know how to e-mail you... I feel your pain - I've been there!

Robyn said...

Heather,

You can email me at my spam email address wou_shortcake@hotmail.com. I'll get back to you from my regular address. Comment back here so I know when to check it as I don't check it very often. Any advice or wisdom is appreciated!

Anonymous said...

Just sent a message...

Anonymous said...

Hello. I just had to comment-- although you don't know me-- because I have been there. Your post brought back memories. Thrush is such a pain...but I assure you there will be a day that it will be gone. But oh how I feel for you. My baby girl had purple mouth for so long...ha ha. You'll look back and laugh some day.
OH and I found you on Rebekah's blog by the way. God bless!