I finally got the call and it was quite possibly the worst news I could hear... they didn't make a decision today!
They have some more questions that they want to ask us and the other family, and they want to give the young lady a few more details on each of our families to get a better picture of where she'd like to be placed.
The case worker said this was their longest, most difficult and frustrating committee yet. I could hear it in her voice. Anyway, so we wait. There's a slight possibility (though not likely) that we could get a new committee scheduled for next Tuesday if someone else backs out of their committee time slot. The following Tuesday is Veteran's Day so we probably won't get another committee date until the 18th of November. Yes folks, that is 3 long weeks away!
Please continue praying for this young lady and for wisdom for the placement committee. I imagine it will be hard for her to hear that a family wasn't chosen today since she too has been looking forward to today with great anticipation. As always, I promise to keep you updated.