Friday, March 31, 2006

If...

If my house is always about 20 minutes from being company-ready... why don't I just keep it always company-ready? Hmmm...

I find myself doing the 20 minute clean up just before I know that someone is coming over, or just before Rob gets home from work. Our house is never dirty, but it's never usually all picked up either. But it's never more than a few minutes from picked up. I generally just need to put stuff from the living room back into it's proper room, do a quick sweep of Leeann's floor for her toys, pick clothes and towels up off of bathroom floors and do a few dishes and a quick counter swipe. Maybe take a few minutes to make the beds. Not more than 20 minutes worth of work, so why don't I just keep it done all of the time? It's a question worth pondering...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It usually only takes about 5 minutes to get 20 minutes from company-ready. So staying company-ready at all times will put you in the nut house(this is a different nut house than the one you are in). Wait 'til you have a 5 year old and a 2 year old, 20 minutes to company-ready won't be doable, but just know that company worth having won't care..

GPB

Beckys blog said...

I just blame any mess on the new baby. "don't have time to clean, have to sleep when she sleeps and pay attention to her when she's awake."