Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Flooring Snafoo's

My daddy and Tasha and my little brother and sister came down last night to redo the flooring in my new foyer and living room/dining room. Right now he's trying to trouble shoot some issues... of course things can't go off without a hitch!

Currently the carpet is ripped up, but it needs some Kilz painted over some spots where dog's have marked their territory in the living room. No big deal, but a little money and a little time.

The flooring that is now exposed in the living room is far lower than the kitchen or foyer (which has the 1/2 bath and laundry off of it). So do we bite the bullet, pay some money and put boards down on the living room and dining room floor to raise it? Then what about the fireplace that'll sit lower than the flooring? Or do you just have little steps up into the kitchen and foyer or bathroom depending on where we tear that floor up at. If we tear the foyer up before laying the new stuff down then we have to tear up the bathroom but then the toilet is slightly exposed. I don't really understand much of this, I'm just relaying the little I know.

Rob and I made a big mistake. We picked up the flooring from Costco on Monday night and loaded it in the rain and then left it in our friends truck, which is covered. But apparently there was a lot of moisture on the flooring which caused some of them to warp, potentially all of them (which would be a LOT of wasted money!) We dried them out the best we could, but we won't know what kind of damage was done until my dad starts laying th floor. That could have been a very expensive mistake on our part! It's okay, our new house has a money tree in the back right?

Well, I need to get ready for my day and go help my daddy deal with more flooring snafoos!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I'm so sorry to hear about all the chaos. Just take a deep breath.... and scream!! That usually helps me, though it is not very productive. We'll pray for you!