Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Good Stuff

I've been listening to a CD set over the last couple of days titled Purpose Driven Children's Ministry Conference on CD. It's so inspiring! It's the Saddleback Children's Ministry Conference in its entirety on CD and it's GOOD!!! It challenges the way I think about church, how we do church, why we do church and what church looks like through the eyes of kids. There's so much information it's hard to process it all. There are hours and hours worth of the conference, and I think I could listen to it 10 times and still only grasp the tip of what they do. I won't bore you with details because I'm guessing you're not all that interested... but if you are involved in children's ministry I would like to challenge you to get ahold of this cd set and listen to it. If you go to my church by all means ask me for it and I'll let you borrow it!

That has little to do with what's in my nest, other than the fact that because I have been listening to it so have my kids :0)

Titus is drooling a lot. A whole lot! It's kind of gross... but I love him anyway! He's growing by leaps and bounds and he's doing a really good job of sitting up with just a little bit of support. He smiles all day every day and he's just a happy little camper.

Leeann is learning to have her own will more and more. I'm happy about that, but it makes my life a bit more difficult! She's testing the line of obedience more frequently... just seeing what she can get away with. I have to be on my toes because I know I need to let her express herself and learn by testing us, but I also need to be consistent so that she knows that even though she's 'growing up' that she still has rules that she needs to obey and that she still needs to be kind. She's started kind of yelling when she talks. I doubt she's intending to be rude, but it comes across that way so we're trying to encourage her to speak kindly. She's a sweet little girl and she really is growing up so fast. I can't imagine how quickly their childhood is going to fly by. I like the stage that my family is at right now, this is a good place to be!

No comments: