Monday, March 20, 2006

Not Much Going on Here

I haven't posted in a while mainly because there's not a whole lot to post about! That's unusual for our crazy lives, but kind of nice!

Titus is trying hard to roll-over but he just can't make it yet. He's doing a really good job of sitting up when someone's holding him and he has really good head control. Everyone wants their kid to hit all of the major mile-stones early (rolling-over, crawling, walking, talking etc.) but I'm kind of hoping Titus is a little late on getting going. I like the fact that when I set him somewhere, he stays there--it makes my life easier! I know I don't have much longer to enjoy the freedom of this stage though, but I'll milk it for all it's worth! And I don't really hope that he's late, it would just make my job significantly easier though, and who doesn't want the easy way? Titus is sleeping well through the night on most nights, typically waking up somewhere between 7 and 9, but sometimes even 10! He's stopped fighting the swaddle, so that seems to be helping a bit. I had a random 3 am wake-up call the other day and I felt like I had been cheated or something!

Leeann is as gorgeous and gorgeous can be! She's so precious and she loves her little brother so much. She smoothers him with hugs and kisses and sometimes puts things near him so he can 'play' with her. She talks to him as if he understands her and I think that's precious. I stuck him in the bath with her the other day and she thought that was the greatest thing in the whole world! She's talking up a storm these days and will randomly belt out her numbers (1-10) or start singing Jesus Loves Me, or start yelling "No tickle daddy, no tickle", which of course means "tickle me daddy, tickle me!" Those two can run around the house chasing each other and teasing each other for a good hour on some days. She's definately a daddy's girl, she loves him so much and the feelings are most definately returned! It's fun to watch them play...

I'm still enjoying working with Precious Portraits and I look forward to learning more and more about photography. I'm anxious to get my own camera, but haven't figured out which one to buy yet--I'll have to do some more research.

I am directing this year's Vacation Bible School again at our church. I really need to sit down and just diligently put some time into getting it off the ground for the year. I'm hoping it will be far easier to plan this year since I already have a year of planning under my belt. This is one of my favorite times of the year, VBS is so exciting for the kids and workers, and for our church as a whole!

Well, my dear sweet Leeann is 'all done' with her cereal so I must be signing off now. I hope your Monday is fantastic and I'll try to post more short snippets of fun soon!

Robyn

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I for one look for those updates and it did seem like a long week. Appreciate your effort and know that 2 little ones can keep you very busy. You're right, things will change once Titus starts getting around more. :)

Some day mention how many hours a week you try to do the photography thing or e-mail me separately. Just curious.

Good luck with the VBS thing. It's a big job and it's a blessing when you know someone is enjoying it.

Pam

Robyn said...

Well, I would email you, but I have at least 2 Pam's that read my blog... I'm guessing this is Aunt Pam though? If it is, do you happen to have a Blue's Clues cake pan? Just curious!

I spend about 10 hours on a typical week with Precious Portraits. Some weeks are more than others and somethings are business oriented vs. picture oriented, so it's hard to define specific hours. 10 is my goal though. When I get my own camera I'm sure I'll spend more hours tinkering at home!

Krista said...

Sounds like your kiddos are keeping you busy! I thought I'd lucked out and Lily would be on the slow path when she didn't roll over until 6 1/2 months. But then she walked at 10 1/2 months. I'm sure Titus will constantly be full of surprises for you! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Robin, No, I do not have a blues clues pan and that was not me. I agree with the other Pam. I enjoy reading about my great neice and nephew and check the blog most days on my break.

Anonymous said...

Wrong guess about the Pam, huh! It was the California one (previous Albany one) or however you want to look at it. I don't have one of those cake pans either. Good try with the guessing thing! Keep it up!

Robyn said...

One might wonder why my AUNT Pam... the one with whom I once LIVED... would spell my name with an I? :0) He he he...