Sunday, March 05, 2006

A Giant Trip Down Memory Lane

Three boxes marked 'fragile' somehow made it into our foyer during the move. They were boxes that I had packed up from my aunt's house where I was living, just before Rob and I got married. These boxes contain many great memories for me... but what on earth do you do with it all?

You'll laugh at some of these trinkets from my pre-college life:

Snow Globes--several of them. I love snow globes, they have lovely music. I realize now that the ones that I have collected are somewhat cheap, because they didn't survive being wrapped in newspaper very well. They aren't quite as colorful as they once were!

Ceramics--lots and lots of ceramics. I found my 'early' ceramics that were made without a wheel. They appear to be from my 8th grade crafts class. I have some from my junior or senior year that show far more skill. I have some bowls and cups. Nothing worth noting really, just random trinket holders.

Graduation Box--ah, the memories! In it I found my announcements, the program, my honors medal, two sets of cords, and my cap. I found a box of graduation cards that people had sent me. Most included cash at one point, ah, it would be nice to retrieve some of that now! I also found a really neat plaque that is titled "Louie Abrams Award". This was presented to me for being the most inspirational senior girl at St. Helens High School. I will always treasure that one. It's funny how big of a day graduation seemed, and now it just seems like silly ole memories--no big deal. Oh, how I remember it being a big deal though!

Cheerleading Uniform--I'm not even going to humor myself by trying it on! Yes, there was a short stint of time in which I was a cheerleader. It only lasted a season and I wasn't any good anyway. Please refrain from teasing me for this!

Tiarra's--from the Port O Fun. I know, the port o fun sounds silly, and it is. It's a carnival and parade that comes to town every year. I was Port O Fun queen my sophomore year. I have a princess tiarra, a queen tiarra and a sceptor too. I got to do the little princess wave from the back of a really nice car, loads of fun. Again, a big deal back then, but something almost worth laughing about now!

Trophy's--one from 1993. It was a cheetah trophy from my early soccer years. We were the cheetah's, loads of fun, so many memories! I also have a 2nd place speed for the AWANA grand prix and a trophy from when I was in a beauty pageant when I was 8. I know, gag me with another spoon! Hey, I was 4th runner up, that's gotta say something right? Looking back at the pictures of the 5 winners it really doesn't mean much. Really. Maybe you can contribute that to being in the late 80's or early 90's, but I'm guessing the judging wasn't solely on looks!

Random Things--lot's of glass items. I found a china tea cup and saucer, an antique jewelry box, and some other crazy things I couldn't describe if I tried!

So, there you have it, my trip down memory lane. Now I have to figure out what to do with it all! Is it worth boxing back up so that I can get some time down memory lane next time we move? It seems silly. I don't want to throw it away though. We'll see. For now, I've got to go deal with the pile of newspaper that's knee high in my living room now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AAAAHHHHH, the joys of moving~