Monday, November 17, 2008

Decision Day

Sorry for the lack of updates regarding the adoption progress. I've had lots of thoughts rolling around my head so I've neglected to share any of them since I haven't taken the time to write them all out. So, here's what you need to know for now...

Tomorrow, at 8 am the adoption permanency committee will reconvene. In the state of Idaho it takes at least 3 supervisors to make a placement decision. Because of the stale-mate that resulted last time they are pulling in additional supervisors to aid with tomorrow's decision. The committee usually take less than 1/2 hour, but I'm not expecting to hear anything for potentially a couple of hours being that they'll have to bring the other supervisors up to speed, and also work through the additional information they've received since the last committee meeting. There's a potential for another delayed decision, but they're going to try really hard to walk out of the room with an answer tomorrow.

Rob and I are doing well, we've kept busy and ultimately believe that God has a plan. There's not much we can do to effect the outcome, so we continue to pray. We appreciate your prayers too! We especially appreciate your prayers for this young lady, as she's been waiting a long time to find out who her forever family will be. Tomorrow's the day though, it will be a lot of mixed emotions for everyone involved.

It's crazy to believe that tomorrow is almost here... again! We anxiously await word and promise to keep you updated as we're able to. Thanks for praying!

3 comments:

simplykersh said...

My friend posted this link on her blog and I thought you might enjoy it, it got me excited for our someday giving a forever home to a child.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/tcw/2008/novdec/3.59.html

SaraJane Campbell said...

I am praying for you! I will be watching your blog anxiously awaiting to hear what God has in store for your family and this young girl.

The Elliotts said...

Lots of prayers coming your way from Lake Oswego, OR:-)