Saturday, November 15, 2008

Settlers, Sugar Rush, Girl Fun

Rob was at Convergence this weekend, so Suzy and I put the kids to bed (or, attempted to put them to bed) upstairs and we invited some girls over to play the world's greatest board game... Settlers of Catan!

We ate ginormous ice cream splits (with extra oreos, whip cream and sprinkles even!), and stayed up until 2 in the morning vying to take over the world. I've played 6 times in the last week, and I've lost 5 of them. Shelly, I thought you might like to know, I'm losing my touch!

Anyway, the kids ran around like screaming banshees far too early this morning, and I want to crawl back into bed. But, alas, I have to spend the next hour or two undoing all the fun we had before Rob gets home!

So, here's to Melissa, for winning her first ever game. And to Suzy, for out-smarting all of us to come from behind and take over the world. To Eroica, you played one heck of a game. And to Deborah, you left far too soon, we missed you during the 2nd round!

I'm pretty sure this one's going to have to become a tradition.

6 comments:

simplykersh said...

Sounds like fun, I agree settlers is great!

Eugene and Christie said...

Settlers...Were you the evil orange again?

Robyn said...

I wasn't the evil orange for 2 of the games and I thought maybe that's why I lost. But, when I was orange I lost again! I tell ya, I'm losing my touch!

T & K said...

That is way too much fun! We just got the Cities and Knights Expansion...my husband really enjoys destorying things that I've built!

SaraJane Campbell said...

Oh Settlers! I remember those days at your very first house! We will have to play sometime when I return for a visit. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Do you think you could "keep your touch" away until Christmas?? I need every bit of help if I'm going to conquer the queen. But then there's Rob..................

Shelly~The one tired of losing!!!