Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Adoption News

We heard today that they decided to place this young lady with the other family. Thank you for your prayers and support as you waited with us and prayed with us. We know without a doubt that God has lead us to this place and so we rest in the fact that he has a plan for this girl, and for our family.

So, it's difficult to process, being that in some ways we've given our heart to a girl we'll never meet. We've been praying for her, and thinking about her, and imagining her in our home since June. But, we're confident that God has other plans for our family and we are anxious to see how he builds our family in his timing. Thanks for taking this journey with us!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

My prayers are with you guys! God's ways are higher than ours ... may you experience peace as you pray about your next steps.

The Elliotts said...

I will be praying for all of you right now. I know this is totally one of those, "God, I know you have a plan, but REALLY???" scenarios (or at least that's how I felt when I read your post), but the great thing is, He REALLY does, and I have no doubt it is something incredibly awesome for your whole family. You're in my heart and my and prayers.

SaraJane Campbell said...

Robyn
I am praying for you and I am sorry you do not get to adopt this little girl. I am praying God gives you peace and comfort as I can't imagine that was easy news to hear. I pray that some little girl or little boy will be blessed to call you and Rob, mom and dad. Call if you need to talk!

Love,
SaraJane

Jessi said...

What an amazing gift that you gave that girl with the hours of prayers that you spent sowing into her life. She will reap a great harvest because of it and so will you! I'm so sorry to hear the news, we're praying for you all! Love, Jessi