Monday, April 21, 2008

New Habits

Moving to a new house requires developing a whole new set of habits. These are just silly little things, but it's irritating to have to acquire new habits!

Where to I set my keys and purse?
Where should I take my shoes off?
Where on earth did I set my cell phone?
Where does the mail go?
Now I have to bring clothes into the bathroom with me (I do miss my Master Bath!)
Opening a door (to the pantry) and stepping on the garbage can lever to throw garbage away. My garbage has been under my sink my whole life, but it won't fit there anymore!
Putting the diaper in the Diaper Champ on the back porch instead of in the garage.
I can't get Titus's diapers out of his bottom drawer anymore because the kids are sharing a dresser.

These are just a few of the little things that change when you move. My favorite change of all, however, is a change to a new dishwasher. This means that I don't have to pre-rinse my dishes anymore! I used to have to rinse them completely clean but I now I throw them in caked with yesterdays spaghetti and they come out clean! Now, that's a new habit I don't mind getting used to!

No comments: