Tuesday, April 08, 2008

I found my modem!

The modem has been MIA for several days now, but I found it! There are many, many other items still missing... but hey, that's okay!

We're all moved in, but far from unpacked and far from fully functioning! Rob and Tony are downstairs scraping the rest of the popcorn ceiling from the living room... which will allow us to finally move our living room furniture in from the garage. A massive clean-up effort will need to proceed that however!

The kitchen is mostly unpacked, but far from functioning also. Our plants are covering most of our very little counter space, making it hard to move around. Some kitchen items are yet to be unpacked because I just don't know where to put them! One half of our sink is not working because the dishwasher is part way pulled out and I think some sort of connection from the dishwasher to that side of the sink is disconnected. Cherish discovered this when she ran some water through that side of the sink and began flowing out the bottom of the dishwasher. Whoops!

It's okay I can't do my dishes anyway until I can clean the paint out of the sink. Deborah gave me some stuff today that should aid in that process. I'll do that as soon as I'm done posting. I'm looking forward to a new dishwasher, but I think that's pretty low on the priority list. We need to paint our kitchen and cabinets... but that's also pretty low on the list!

Highest on the list is getting our bathroom put back together. I'm happy to report that we are very close! In fact, I'm really hoping to get a shower tonight! The floor is in, the tub and surround are in, the paint is done (except cutting into the ceiling... thanks Julie!), the bottom half of the toilet is in and the flooring is in. The sink and vanity, the toilet tank, a little bit of painting and hanging the mirror are all that's left. I'm SOOO anxious to get this finished! Oh, we need moulding too, and a new fan... and to get the drain to un-lock, the cabinets painted, the washer and dryer installed and the door re-hung. Minor details!

Other than that there's still lots of painting and unpacking of boxes on the horizon. One step at a time friends, one step at a time! We're all in good spirits. It's taking longer than we might have hoped, but we knew what we were getting in to. We don't expect to have it fully finished for a while yet.

Well, I suppose I should help or something... yeah... that's a good idea! I'm sure I'll post again soon, hopefully with pictures too.

1 comment:

Rebecca.Alburn said...

Hang in there! Sounds like a crazy transition time. :)