Saturday, April 19, 2008

"Be Ready to Preach, Pray or Die on a Moments Notice."

These are words made famous by Pastor Denny. He's been known to tease my husband by calling him on Saturday nights asking him if he's ready to preach. I think he's actually had to call my husband to preach last minute only a time or two over the last 6 years. Tonight is one of those nights.

Denny's not feeling well and Rob got a 9:45 phone call to be ready to preach, so he's up studying. We've made kind of a crazy commitment to one another to go to bed together whenever possible, hence my 10:50 pm blogging!

Rob's been at Convergence for the last couple of days and was fighting with a blind he was trying to install when he got the call. He's a trooper though, and I'm excited to hear him preach. I know he really likes to pray through and practice his sermons, and he generally has them finished at least a couple days in advance so he can really let it work through him. It's fun to see him pull things together last minute too though, because it really is something that only God can do through him. Have I mentioned lately that I have an amazing husband?

He felt compelled today to stop by Lloyd Center on his way home and he picked up presents for us. I got cute hair clips, Leeann got a beautiful butterfly necklace with purple 'jewels' in it (her favorite color) and a car from the movie Cars, and Titus got 2 cars. Our gifts were wonderful! Titus was double fisting his cars all night, having a blast with them!

It's good to have Rob back. Even though he was only gone for a couple of days... it's still always hard. I'm usually sooo ready for him to be home by the time he gets back from work on an average day. I'm REALLY ready to have him home when it's been a couple of days. I'm glad that after 6 years of marriage that I'm still quite smitten. I love my husband.

I think I'm going to try to make some good use of my time this evening by putting away laundry. I did 7 loads at the laundry mat yesterday. That could be a whole other post in and of itself. Let's just say 2.5 hours and $21.50 later I was fried! I can't imagine doing that on a regular basis. Well, I suppose the laundry is calling my name. Good night!

No comments: