Friday, May 01, 2009

Rough Week

This week has been kind of a rough one around our house. Nothing out of the ordinary per se, just more of the same-old, same-old... and a lot of it! I was commenting to Rob tonight that I'm just tired of being frustrated. I seriously feel like I do little more than correct behaviors, break-up squabbles, redirect kiddos and clean up messes. ALL DAY LONG! I feel a little guilty saying this, but I'm not enjoying motherhood a whole lot at the moment... and I don't like that! I love them all to pieces, I just feel like I'm constantly irritated. I need an attitude check, and a really long time-out!

The good news is that we have hired a nanny however, and she's a skilled one at that. I really like having an extra person around the house and find it especially delightful when she's doing my laundry and my dishes :0) I'm still trying to figure out how to make the best use of her and her time with us, so hopefully we'll settle into a good routine over these next couple of weeks.

In other news, Mother's Day is coming up. Let me tell you how I feel about that. Or, perhaps I shouldn't... I'm not sure I'm in the mood for a good cry tonight. I feel like I think of Mee Maw a hundred times a day. A sight, a sound, a word, Jo-Ann's, fabric, crafts, Disneyland, phone calls, Dr. Pepper, silly shoes... she's still everywhere. 3 months later I'm still mad she's gone. Isn't that pathetic. I'm mad... mad of all things. Argg... see, I told you I need an attitude check!

At the moment I'm once again enjoying the sound of quietness while everyone else is in bed. Our whole marriage Rob and I have been committed to going to bed together whenever possible, but these last few months I've enjoyed staying up later from time-to-time just to hear nothing. The sound of silence is such a rare commodity around our house that I feel an intense need to consume it whenever I can!

So, there you go, you've officially been filled in on the contents of another exciting chapter in my crazy life. Until the next time...

No comments: