Monday, December 26, 2005

Updates, Updates, Updates!

Yeah, I know, I've neglected my blogging responsibilities once again! It's been a week since my last post, but with the holiday's and such it shouldn't be much of a surprise. I'm guessing most anyone who generally reads my blog has been busy as well and probably hasn't even noticed... so now we're even!

CHRISTMAS

Christmas was wonderful. We were able to spend Christmas with Rob's family this year and it was very enjoyable as always :0) I'm a big fan of family getting together and spending time with one another. It's always good to catch up with people and it's priceless to see the look on our neices and nephew's faces when they open up their Christmas gifts. I clearly remember how magical Christmas was as a child. It's magical still, but in a different way now. Now the magic comes from seeing Leeann's expression as she opened up gifts, and to see the joy on her face when she played with toys. Her big gift from us this year was a princess dress up set which included 3 dresses and all the accessories--shoes, hat's/tiarra's, jewelry etc. I recieved Ann of Green Gables 1 and 2 on DVD from Rob, and I was so excited! I can't wait to watch it!

I SEE PURPLE

Ouch. On Tuesday I started to notice that nursing was becoming increasingly painful. I called my mid-wife but she wasn't in that day, so I left a message and waited for her to call me back on Wednesday. I found myself breaking into tears every time Titus would eat and it was simply more pain than I could handle. Part of me thought I was just being a baby, or that I was doing something wrong, but my mid-wife quickly diagnosed Titus and I with something called Thrush as soon as she returned my phone call. It's essentially an infection in his mouth which he and I will continue to pass back and forth until we are both able to get rid of it. The treatment? Purple, lot's and lot's of purple! There is a dye that I paint in his mouth that turns him all purple. Anything he touches or drools on--purple! Anytime I feed him, he get's purple all over his face. This made for some pretty interesting Christmas pictures, I'll blog them when I get the chance. It sounds funny, but it really is quite painful. I was supposed to feel relief by Saturday, but Sunday rolled around and it was worse than ever. Every time Titus cried I would cringe knowing that I needed to feed him. Many women stop nursing when they get thrush, and now I know why. It was bad enough that I even called my doctor on Christmas day... I had to do something. She gave me a perscription for something else and it seems to be helping at least a little. I intend to keep nursing, but I certainly can't continue like this much longer. Hopefully though, this medicine will make us both all better, and we' ll go from there!

Really, those are the only two things worth blogging about that happened this week. The second might be more than you wanted to know, but it's been a significant and trying part of my week. If I'm blogging my baby adventures, this is definately part of it! Titus and Leeann continue to be two of the sweetest most wonderful kids in the whole world. I'm so in love with both of them. I feel like the luckiest mommy. This Christmas was so wonderful, it's so neat to have a family of my own now. I've dreamed of a time such as this all of my life. The years pass by and my life continues to get sweeter and sweeter. I hope yours is too!

1 comment:

Krista said...

Awww, I'm so sorry Robyn. :( I know all about the purple babies - and purple everywhere! I had thrush with Mikayla and it was the most excruciating thing of my life - I, too, cringed and cried every time she cried to eat because I knew how painful it would be. I admit, I finally gave up and pumped full-time until she was 6 months. UGH! I hope things turn around and get better for you! I've don a TON of research since then and am not sure what Patty prescribed, but if it was Nystatin and isn't working you might want to ask about Diflucan (Nystatin doesn't have a very good success rate - that's what I got put on before I threw in the towel).