Monday, December 12, 2005

The moment I've been waiting to blog...

I've been warned by many people. I've heard stories and I've been instructed on how to avoid it. What I wasn't prepared for was just how far the urine sprayed out of this teeny tiny little guy! Changing Titus' diaper this evening was quite eventful! It seriously sprayed several feet and the poor little guy even got some on his face, ewww! Mommy cleaned him up though, and we all survived.

Daddy and I spent the next 10 minutes remaking our bed because our sheets and duvee (how on earth do you spell that?) cover were spit up on this afternoon.

Titus and I slept from about 7-9 tonight. Rob and Leeann were at church and it was tempting to try and 'get some stuff done'. The problem is, it still hurts to get stuff done, and when I try to do stuff I don't make very much progress anyway. So then I end up with something that has been partially cleaned, but is still messy--plus I hurt. So, I decided to nap instead. I hesitated because it was so late in the evening hence it's 1:00 in the morning and I'm up blogging. Titus was being fussy so I picked him up and now that he's on my lap he's sleeping peacefully. Bottom line though, it was good to nap, I needed that. Titus and I benefited also from a few hours of uninterrupted snuggle time too.

So what did I learn today?

Mental notes:

1.) Cover him up while changing his diaper.

2.) Don't burp the baby in bed without first taking proper precaution, like laying down a tarp!

3.) Take every possible opportunity to nap. The house will always be messy, but it's more likely to get cleaned if I'm well rested and taking care of myself. A messy house with a rested mommy is better than a clean house with a cranky mommy!

The end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the good old days........