Monday, December 19, 2005

I've Neglected My Blogging Responsibilities

My last update was Thursday, and today is Monday--I have a lot of catching up to do!

FRIDAY: Titus had his two week check-up on Friday. Everything was great. He was even slightly above his birth weight, from 7 lbs 2 oz. to 7 lbs 6 oz. Apparently they are pleased if they are even back up to their birth weight by 2 weeks, so he appears to be doing well. Unfortunately he shrunk an inch and a half from 20 inches to 18.5 inches. I'm guessing it's a mis-measurement somewhere!

Friday night the four of us ventured to the church for the annual Christmas Jangle, a Christmas party with the youth. It was complete with yummy food, silly white elephant gifts and a giant rubber-band war! Some might say it's not appropriate to use the Sanctuary for a rubber band war, but the kids sure had fun!

It was a good day, but a hard day too. It was my first day out with the kids by myself and toting Titus in and out of the car in his car seat was difficult. By the end of the night I was hurting pretty bad. I continue to pray for a mini van!

SATURDAY: Saturday was another really good day. I thought I'd wake up super sore and uncomfortable, but I actually woke up feeling better than ever. It might help that it was 10:30 before any of us woke up! The constant nagging pain in my tummy seems to have all but disappeared, making me far more mobile. Rob and I roamed around Costco with the kids and Fred Meyer too, doing some random shopping. We came home and enjoyed yet another yummy dinner provided for us through someone in our church. This one came complete with ice cream! We then headed over to the Rice's for a housewarming party. We didn't stay long because the freezing rain started to hit. We came home and simply enjoyed the evening here together.

SUNDAY: Sunday's are crazy for us, that's all there is to it! Rob graciously stayed home with us Sunday morning so he could help get the kids ready for church. He usually leaves a little earlier than us, but I wasn't sure I could get all three of us fed, dressed and out the door on time. I came close, I was the only one who went without being fed! We enjoyed the day at church and then went to Safeway to pick up some Chinese for lunch. We typically go out with others for lunch after church, but it was actually quite nice to just sit at home at our own table and have lunch together as a family!

We had intended to catch some sales at Old Navy Saturday night, but we ended up staying in because of the freezing rain. We were talking about going Sunday afternoon instead, but Rob suggested that maybe I leave the kids at home and go by myself. I was quite excited and happily obliged. Not only would I get some time to myself, but Rob would get a small taste of my world right? WRONG! Both kids slept THE ENTIRE TIME! Rob and Leeann napped on the couch and I came home to Titus all swaddled in his bouncy chair just as I had left him! Arggg, so much for a taste of my world! Oh well, I still appreciated my time alone and Rob's willing to keep the kids for a couple of hours.

Sunday evening we dropped Leeann off at Allie's, her favorite babysitter, and Rob, Titus and I went to a Christmas Party with the church staff. It was lot's of fun, with yummy food and good company. It's nice to be out, but I think I just might be getting Christmas partied out, tonight will make the fourth in a row! Rob and I came out about 9:30 and just enjoyed some time hanging out and chatting with each other as the kids slept peacefully. I apparently fell asleep on the couch because Titus woke up about 1:00 wanting to be fed. He had been sleeping in his car seat since we brought him home... it was nice to get several uninterrupted hours of sleep!

TODAY: I spent the morning bathing the kids and getting us presentable. Then I spent a little time doing housework. Rob has his small group of guys over for pizza and x-box right now, that's why I'm perched in the back room blogging! I don't think I'm welcome at the party, but he's letting Leeann stay out there so I appreciate that! I was thinking about taking the kids out and doing some last minute Christmas shopping, but I don't know that I'm ready to do both kids plus crazy Christmas crowds on my own. It means parking across town to get to a store usually and packing both kids in the rain. I just don't think I'm ready for that! Maybe I should just take a nap instead? That sounds appealing! The reality however is that there's still lot's of laundry to do before we visit family for Christmas, so I should probably get working on that some more before too long!

No comments: