Thursday, December 08, 2005

Little Updates

Vomiting:

This time however, it isn't from Titus, it's from Leeann. She woke up this morning not wanting to eat (which is HIGHLY unusual), although she had a sippy cup and a half of soy milk. Shortly after that she threw up, and shortly after that she threw up again. We let her lay on the floor and watch Robots for what seems to be the hundredth time in the last couple of weeks and just mellow out for a while. She seems to be feeling fine now, but she's slightly more subdued than normal. It's been several hours since her last episode so hopefully she's getting better. Right now she's laying down, Titus is sleeping, Rob went to take Grandma Rosenthal part way home and I'm listening to Harry Connick Jr. sing Christmas songs wondering how long it will be before this peaceful household turns into utter chaos once more!

Bribery:

Titus got a cute see-through piggy bank from the hospital the day we left. We decided that we will start saving our change in there and cash it in to contribute to the kids' 529 college fund each time it fills up. Well, when Grandma was packing up a dime fell out of her purse which she told Leeann she could have. We talked Leeann into putting it into the piggy bank which she thought was pretty cool. She proceeded to ask Grandma for "more money?" and Grandma emptied her purse of all of her change and even several dollar bills. Leeann of course thinks it's the coolest thing in the whole world. So I said, "Leeann, everytime you go potty in the big girl potty, or take a nap or go to sleep like a big girl, without crying, you can have some money for your jar." It wasn't but 2 minutes later that I see Leeann pop up off of her potty chair with her diaper and her pants around her ankles screeching, "I potty, I potty!" So she emptied it, flushed the toilet and got a nickel to put in her jar. And right now, she's sleeping like a big girl, in her big girl bed and she didn't shed a tear. This form of bribery seems like a win-win situation if you ask me. We are realizing how much money it's going to cost us to keep our baby diapered. He goes through TONS of diapers. It would be nice to transition Leeann out of her diapers to off set that cost!

Dinners:

We've been so incredibly blessed by families in the church brining us dinners for the last several nights. It really is a super-huge blessing to us not to have to worry about that on top of everything else. Thank you so much to all who have participated in that, you may never know how much it means to us!

Laundry:

It's unbelievable how much laundry one little guy can accumulate. My mother-in-law has been doing load after load and it never seems to end! Blankets, towels, spit up rags, jammies, onsiees, you name it, it gets dirty quick! It's all I can imagine to keep the three of us fed, clean and happy... I'm not sure where all this housework is going to come in!

5 comments:

Krista said...

Poor Leeann! I hope she's feeling better soon! I'm glad things are going so well with Titus. He's absolutely beautiful! I'm also ver jealous of your pott-training success with Leeann. I've stooped to all measures of bribery - Mikayla has informed me that when she's a big girl when she's 6, maybe she'll use the potty. lol I understand the cost of 2 in diapers... we've been dealing with it for a year now!

Krista said...

Apparently my 'y' key (or finger!) is having problems today. :) I meant very and potty. :)

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed the time with the 4 Buhls. One thing Robyn didn't mention - when I got ready to leave on Wednesday (thanks again Rob) I said goodbye to every one and told Leeann I was leaving. She immediatly said - Grandma go shop! She enjoyed the fabric store and shoping in the mall. So we've at least got her a great start. Craft stores and the mall, what more does a girl need to know? I guess getting from the Dad would help. Thank you for letting me have my naps with "Boy" (as Leeann says) and playing with Leeann. I really did enjoy helping - it makes this Granma's dream come true evertime a grandchild is born. I look forward to a brother or sister for Leeann and Titus. Thank you for letting me share the love of your family.

Anonymous said...

Oops I came home on Thursday. Guess I'm a little more tired then I thought.

Anonymous said...

And left out "getting MONEY from the dad.