Then I laid them all out together and pondered whether or not I made good selections. The jury's still out on that one.
A series of randomly pieced together fabrics.
Then I began piecing them together in crazy quilt fasion. I started with a piece of batting that was the same width as the other fabric pieces (but as long as the quilt is going to be). Then I sewed on one piece at a time, right side down. After I made the seem I flipped it back over, ironed it in place and started on the next piece as shown above. I put the new fabric right side together with the piece sewn on (overlapping 1/4 inch) and repeated the process until I had this:
Or I could stare at it for the next several days contemplating what to do next. It's a likely option.