Monday, May 12, 2008

Isn't it Ironic?

I will share with you a tid-bit of the little I understand about auto-immune diseases.

With many of them you have times of active illness and times of remission. Times of active illness can be triggered by:

Caffeine, Stress and Sugar (among other things as well).

Hmmm. You mean, something stressful like buying a house, trying to rent yours out, securing financing, packing, fixing up the new house, unpacking and continuing to repairs and such on top of daily life?

Oh, then to cope with the stress you indulge all too frequently in your favorite stress relievers like German Chocolate Blended Mochas, or Java Chip frappacinos or ice cream?

As a result you have months on end of really irritating and frustrating bouts of pain. Do you want to know how I know all this? I'm smart--that's how. Oh, and a little trial and error never hurt either!

I've been one full week without caffeine as of today. My joint pain has subsided significantly. I've got other new weird things going on though. During the last 3 weeks I've had my arms go numb and fingers get the pins and needles feeling in them. I had a pain in my back that wouldn't go away for the life of me a few nights ago. I slept it off though, no worries!

Most recently I've been experiencing an irritating feeling when something rubs up against my skin. Whether it's Rob just gently touching my arm, or my pant legs against my leg hairs, or rubbing my fingers across something that I normally wouldn't even notice. It doesn't hurt per se, but it almost hurts. It seems to be limited just to my limbs at this point.

I'm starting to feel like a walking freak of nature! I'll see my Rheumatologist of Thursday, I'll be sure to keep you updated

No comments: