Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Stark Raging Mad!

Well, nap time didn't go so well (see previous post). After about 1/2 hour of hysterics, I gave him a different binki--I 'accidently' cut a hole in this binki's instead of cutting off the tip. I thought that might help, because it would deflate the binki but it wouldn't be such an obviously different feel.

Nope. Still mad! I let him cry for a little while longer than I finally got him up though he's VERY obviously still quite tired. Once I got him out of his play-pen and took him upstairs to play he threw an absolute tempter tantrum! Binki in hand (not in his mouth), he started flailing his arms, kicking toys and running one of the toys up against the wall. He was MAD! I think he got his temper from me (thanks dad!).

Anyway, he's doing fine now, but I've had better afternoons. It's no fun listening to your little one scream. I know it's harder for him, so I'm trying to be empathetic. We'll see how bed-time goes!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh man oh man. I do not envy you! It will all be worth it, though it might not feel like it at the time. At least he still has his blanket, right?

Anonymous said...

When he goes on his first date, he will be very happy he doesn't have to have his pacifier with him. His date will be happy too.
Good luck.

Shelly said...

So~is he still screaming???