Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Jobs

1.) I worked at a local Public Access Television Station for a summer. It was a fun job. It was through a local job placement/training type of place that was helping at risk youth obtain job skills. I filmed, edited and created stuff to put on the t.v.

2.) I got a job half way through my senior year as a Barista at a local coffee shop. I'd do it again, that was lot's of fun too!

3.) I worked the next summer as a supervisor for another group of kids doing that same television job.

4.) When I first started school at Western Baptist College I got two jobs. One was working in the dining hall as a dishwasher/cooks help/pizza girl. Not quite as fun of a job as some others, but it paid... so that was good.

5.) I also got a job working 20 hours a month doing respite care for a mom who had two year old twins, one who had cerebral palsy. That was a rewarding job, unfortunatly though, they moved away after only a couple of months.

6.) I taught English in summer camps to middle school and high school kids in Taiwan. This was the summer after my freshman year of college. That was a great job, I'm so glad I got to be a part of a cross-cultural experience, especially one I got paid for!

7.) I got married and became a full time wife that next semester... I don't think that really counts as a job though.

8.) I worked the last two years of college on Student Government as the Student Activities Coordinator. That may have been one of the coolest jobs in the whole world!

9.) My first year out of college I was an assitant preschool teacher. Getting paid to play with kids? Priceless!

10.) I also worked about 30 hours a week that year doing child care for 3 elementary and middle school kiddos. I did that for about a year. Again, getting paid to take care of kids... not a bad gig!

11.) Toward the end of the child care gig I also started working part-time for Precious Portraits. Again, another fun job, mostly getting to work with kids (I more or less do the baby wrangling!). I still do that job now when I'm needed.

12.) And now I work as a Children's Ministry Director. I think this might be the job of all jobs (at least on most days!). I get paid to do something I already LOVE... trying to figure out the best way to reach kids for Christ and grow them in their faith. I'm a lucky girl!

Moral of the story? In my few short years of working I've held several jobs. Not one of them did I have an all-out blind formal interview for. Wierd eh? I've never gotten fired either. Yet! Well, this post was full of near useless information, but now you know more about me. How do you feel about that?

No comments: