Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Binki Uh-Oh?

Titus's binki had an accident today. It stopped by the junk drawer and the scissors jumped out and accidently cut the tip off of his binki. He put it in his mouth and sucked on it a couple of times then took it out, looked at it and said, "Uh-Oh!", then he proceeded to stick his finger in the hole to see what on earth was going on. I don't think he liked the fact that his binki got an owie!

Oh well, I'm really sick of looking at it. He's got such a pretty smile, all too often hidden behind the plug. I feel bad taking it from him because I know how much he loves his binki (and his blankie, which he can keep), but enough is enough. I hope I'm strong enough to stick with it. Besides, his binkies are always dirty, no matter how often they're cleaned. They're just worn out and I refuse to buy new ones because I'd rather he just be done with them. We'll see how it goes...

...I just went in to check on him after about 7 minutes or so (he's usually done crying in about 1) and he's yelling at the top of his lungs. He's mad! I can't give in, I can't give in, I can't give in. I'd like to give in, but I can't because I know it will only get harder to wean him from it the older he gets. I won't give in, I won't give in, I won't give in...

1 comment:

Jessi said...

You've got guts! Halle would never go for that...mind you she only has it for sleep times and often when she gets up in the morning, she's lost it somewhere in her crib. But I need it for the sanity of our long drives to Oregon! Hope you're having a super blessed day!

Love, Jessi