Friday, May 18, 2007

Some things I'm learning

It seems like these last couple of weeks have included a great deal of 'learning moments' for me. Some good lessons, some I'd rather not have to learn. All-in-all, God knows best and I trust that he's stretching me, molding me and shaping me so He can use me better in the future. I'm not sure He lets us go through pain and/or trials without a purpose. At least I hope not! I wish I could share more about what's been going on, but I suppose somethings are better left unsaid and/or undetailed :0)

So, here are a few things I've been learning:

1.) Keeping your son's binki in his bed is far better than mutilating it... just in case you were wondering!

2.) Sometimes doing something special for someone else is far better than anything you could be given.

3.) It's really important to know and trust that you are doing the right thing... that way you can stand up in the face of adversity.

4.) Gossip is never good.

5.) Nothing in the world is better than snuggles from someone you love :0)

6.) There's a right way to solve conflict, clear up misunderstandings, share concerns or comments or vent frustrations (see Matthew 18 specifically). There's also a bad way to do any of the above. I recommend doing it the right way :0)

7.) It's great to have a family. When I think of my family of origin I don't just think about parents and siblings. I've got aunts, uncles, counsins, grandparents, in-laws, lot's of steps, halves, used-to-be's, kind of were, and sort of are's galore. Ask me to draw my family tree for you sometime. It'll give you a good laugh! It's nice to know they're always there for me. It's priceless!

8.) God's ways and thoughts are far more profound than I can wrap my little pea-brain around. I recommend trusting Him!

9.) Not everybody is nice. I know, I know, most people have already learned this by now, but I'm overly optimistic and I believe the best in everyone. This is probably one of the hardest lessons I've had to learn lately. I don't feel like I do much that would land me on anybody's bad list. I can see why people wouldn't care for some of my particular traits, but I don't know that I've given anyone a reason to dislike me. I'm not used to people disliking me, and frankly, I'm not really sure how to handle this stark realization. I'm sure there have been people throughout my life who have disliked me, but I've been too optimistic to notice.

10.) I'm learning that you can never please everybody. For every person who thinks something should be done one way, there's at least one other person who thinks it should be done the exact opposite. Huh. It makes me realize that my personal opinion really shouldn't drive much of what anybody else does or doesn't do.

11.) Sometimes the best remedy in the world for being stressed out is going to a place that you love with people that you love. I had a most amazing day with Rob and Titus on Thursday (Leeann was at school). It makes me smile just thinking about being back out at 'the barn', the place Rob and I lived when we first got married. There isn't a more beautiful and special place in all the world!

12.) Money isn't everything, and it's not worth stressing about. It's either a tool or an idol. God provides all of our needs and so much more... what do I really have to worry about?

13.) I think that because of my crazy upbringing I'm emotionally and mentally calloused. I don't tend to deal with stress, sadness, or other emotions. It does, however, take a toll on my body. Wierd. I need to find another way to deal with things or my body is going to fall apart!

14.) Friends are priceless.

15.) A good husband is the best gift any woman could be given. Mine just happens to be the most amazing man in the whole world! Lucky me :0)

16.) I'm learning lot's about how my body deals with and reacts to different foods. I think I'm mildly allergic to coffee, chocolate and sugar. Not so lucky Me :0(

17.) Be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to anger. You can find that written in the book of James. Profound!

18.) I'm coming to the realization that I enjoy writing. It was fun to be published in a local magazine... I wonder if I'll do more of that someday!

19.) I still have no idea what I want to be when I grow up!

20.) I hope I'm never to old or wise to learn from others. I also hope that I'm so set in my ways that I can't lead and/or follow. I hope God can and will use me right up until I take my final breath!

Well, I suppose that more-or-less sums up some of my life as of recently. Due to #16 I'm holding up pretty well, but it's only because I don't know how to fall apart. Really, I'm overly optimistic and I believe the best in people and situations. It's kind of nice! We all have our crazy personality quirks, preferences and irritations... and God loves us all inspite of our wierdness. I like that about Him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss you, Robyn.

I also tagged you on my blog. :)

www.the-rogue-blogger.blogspot.com