Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I've been kissed!

Those of you who know me well, know that out of the 5 languages of love I speak 99% physical touch! (It's a must-read book if you've never heard of it).

I posted this a couple of weeks ago but--because of this fact, it's been a little hard for me to feel 'loved' by Titus because he's just not touchy. Well, we've been working on teaching him to give kisses lately. He'll run up to me with his mouth wide open and run into my mouth. Sometimes he still has his binki in, which is cute too. Usually he does it with a face full of snot (he's teething... only a mother's love will accept wide open snotty kisses--I'll take what I can get!)

WELL, today Titus ran up to me, with no prompting, and gave me a big ole kiss. I was so happy, I felt like a little school girl who'd just been kissed by her crush! Okay, I know I'm pathetic, and I'm secure in that :0)

Also, Titus has been directing his sound "mama" toward me, even obviously using it to try to get my attention. I like being called mama and being kissed by my little guy. Oh, the little joys of motherhood...

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Kisses are the best! Even the snotty ones! I am so glad Titus is saying mama, I think I'll turn into a puddle when Elisha finally says it.

Anonymous said...

It's terrific to read about your excitement over the things that Titus begins doing - nothing wrong with that and you just feel free to share it!

Anonymous said...

Awwww.. I still love it when I come in the door and Kasja runs up to me yelling "mommy!! mommy!!"