Thursday, April 12, 2007

I accepted a bet...

I'm a little competitive. Okay, maybe a lot competitive...

Well, two days ago I accepted a bet with Leeann's preschool teacher that the first one to lose 10 pounds owes the other $10. Two other people got in on the bet and now the stakes are higher.

The offer came in good timing because I've been lamenting about the need to lose a few pounds, but concerned about trying to figure out how to get motivated to do so. In fact, the day before I took the bet I was telling Suzy that I need to figure out how to make getting healthier some sort of a competition to help get (and stay) motivated.

So, now the world knows... which will hopefully give me even more motivation! And, just for clarification this isn't a woe-is-me, I'm so fat, I need to go annorexic kind of thing. I simply see that I could have some healthier habits that would ultimately result in an ideal weight that is 10 pounds lighter than I what I currently weigh. So, don't go freaking out on me like I'm going to change my name or something :0)

Anyway, I really hope I stay motivated and stick with it because I really would like to enjoy the benifits of being healthier. Does anybody have any good hints or tips of things that have worked for you? I'd love to hear them, leave a comment below!

p.s. I prefer something that doesn't exclude sugar cereal and ice cream :0)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Losing weight and I'm thrilled about it. Dave and I are doing the Weight Watchers Flex plan. Not spendng the money on meetings, etc. but I was not going to give up things I enjoy. It's working and I'm thrilled. Not where I want to be yet, but it's coming off and that's an incentive for sure. L, Pam

Rebecca.Alburn said...

I've been reading this blog by a pastor's wife who's been losing weight for a year: http://shrinkingmom.clubmom.com/ it's honest and fun to read. She has a lot of great links and resources on the site. Scroll down and look for "my eating plan" for more info, and notice that she's been exercising every day without fail.

I love the way you're using competition and putting yourself out on the line to stay accountable. GOOD LUCK!!

Anonymous said...

Pin a $10 bill on your frig door.. I know how frugal/cheap/tightwodish the Rob Buhl household is...

Beckys blog said...

A high protein low fat bedtime snack. The protein before bed keeps your metabolism up overnight and helps you to burn more calories and fat in your sleep.