Saturday, February 10, 2007

California Days 4-7

We made it home last night, about 1:15 in the morning. We'd been planning to get a hotel room, but decided just to drive through and get home if we could. Rob was a trooper, and drove the 912 miles (and 15+ hours) so that I could wake my children up from the dead of sleep to snuggle! Oh, it was sooo good to see them! I think Titus grew at least a foot and gained at least 5 pounds while we were gone! He's "talking" more and close to running... following the big kids around determining to fit in!

The trip was such a blessing for so many reasons, I'm so glad we got this opportunity! It was nice to meet people who are in my profession, and to hear their hearts and struggles and stories. I look forward to continuing a relationship with those who were also at Vortex.


I'll fill you in on the remainder of the trip:
We, obviously spent the day at Disneyland... which was sweet! I did, however follow in the tradition of a previous attender of Vortex, and threw-up after riding Star Tours. It put a little bit of a damper on my day because I opted out of a couple of jerky rides after that... but it was still great fun. I can't believe I actually lost it at Disneyland!


I did something I swore I'd never do: I rode on the Tower of Terror! It was a peer pressure I tell you! Speaking of pressure, I had to go to the bathroom so bad before we got on this ride that I was all but sure I was going to end up in a puddle. Luckily though... I made it through dry! The guy next to me has claw marks in him... but I'm sure they'll heal :0)


We saw the Alladin show, which is a must if you ever go to California Adventures. Jasmine lost her drawers in a wardrobe malfunction, but she recovered well. It was memorable at least!



We got back to the hotel around 10, and I feel like I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

We got up early Thursday morning and drove to Laguna Beach to have breakfast. It was delicious, and a great way to end our time. We left the restraunt and each got filmed in a testimonial type thingy that they'll use to promote future Vortex's.

I met Rob in the afternoon and we drove back to Laguna Beach and enjoyed a Starbucks as we walked along the boardwalk. It was so beautiful! We returned to Huntington Beach for a little while and then we headed on our great midieval adventure!


We ate dinner at the Midieval Times Restraunt which is a must see if you're ever in the area. It was a lot of fun, and a great experience. You just can't find places like that to go on dates in Albany!

Friday morning we set out for the long trip home... and that's pretty much the end of this story! Our Great California Adventure!








No comments: