Monday, February 05, 2007

California Day 1

Yesterday we really did it, we packed up, rented a car and headed down to California! I can even begin to express how excited I've been for this trip!

I'll refrain from boring you with the details about the terrible rental car service... but once we got done with that headache, we headed home after church, ate some lunch and finished packing. We left home about 2:45... saying good-bye to the two most precious children in the whole wide world! I know they're in good hands though :0)

We stopped at Steamers for a couple of German Chocolate blended mocha's, made a quick stop by Costco for some sunglass clip-ons (I seem to have lost my second pair of perscription sunglasses this year), and we headed out of town. We shared some Applebees for dinner, and greatly enjoyed each others company as we were on the road. We pulled into Breanna's house (a friend of Rob's from his younger days) a little after 9:00 and got to take some time to catch up her and her husband Pete. It's a beautiful home, obviously full of lot's of love! We're so grateful to have the opportunity to stay with friends instead of in a cheesy cheap motel! Thanks Goldens!

So, here we are, in Redding California, starting day 2 of our trip. I don't know how much I'll actually get to update you as I'm here, but I'll be sure to give you details once we get back. Tonight we are headed down to Huntington Beach to stay with Rob's cousin and his wife. It'll be a good 10 hour drive, plus stops, so it's going to be a long day. BUT, I can't think of anyone I'd rather be stuck in the car with for so long :0)

1 comment:

My name is Breanna... said...

so much fun to get to talk, thanks for making redding a stop. Have a great trip!