Monday, February 12, 2007

75 degrees and Beautiful!

Suzy and the kids and I met a friend, Leanna for lunch at Costco today. Then we went for a walk around the neighborhood. Truthfully, we were hoping to wear the kids out and it seems to have worked! It sure was nice to get outside and spend some time in the beautiful sunshine. The weather is even nicer than it was any of our days in Southern California ironically!

I haven't been doing much worth blogging about lately, hence the fact I'm posting about the weather!

My daddy is getting married on Friday. That's kind of wierd, but I'm excited for them. Now my kids can offically call Tasha Grandma :0) For those of you who don't know, she's less than a year older than I am which makes this statement especially funny! Their kids (my younger siblings) are both younger than Leeann. It's comical to talk to my dad about potty training and other parenting issues. Such is life... it seems we all have somewhat disfunctional families... mine just happens to put the "fun" into that word!

My Birthday is coming up at the end of next week also. It used to be a sacred day (insert sarcasm there) until my little sister decided to steal it from me. When I grew up I always wanted a little sister. I dreamed of what it would be like to share clothes, and stories, and makeup. Well, on my 23rd Birthday my dream finally came true. Well, kind of. The little sister part of it came true, but I don't think we're likely to be sharing clothes or makeup anytime soon! I wouldn't trade her for anything though. I think we'll get along better in the future. Right now she just gets really jealous when she sees some other girl pop in every couple of months claiming that her daddy is their daddy too. She doesn't like to share yet! It probably doesn't help that I try to make her jealous because it's funny to watch. I guess sibling rivalry spans across decades even! I'm looking forward to seeing my family this weekend... it's always a blessing!

2 comments:

Rebecca.Alburn said...

Robyn,

I'm glad you had such a fun trip!! I am so envious that you ate at In-N-Out, but especially that you were in Disneyland! I can't get over how much I love Disneyland. Last time we were there was for Thanksgiving in '05. And Jacob and I went on our honeymoon to Disneyland (right before my graduation). Such fun! I hope you enjoyed the Grizzly raft ride for me :)

Becca

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I'm totally jealous of the fact that you spent time with my kids in California and now you have 75 degree weather while we look at ice, snow, and junk outside!! You said you didn't have much to blog about, so what about telling me: What was the most valuable thing you learned at your conference? What did you take home with you that you will implement? What have you learned about God thru this whole experience???