Tuesday, February 06, 2007

California Days 2.5 and 3

I didn't get the whole Golden family together in one place at one time for a picture, so I took a picture of a picture of them... here they are!

Car #1 that smelled like smoke and was uncomfortable next to car #2 which made the remainder of our trip down here more enjoyable!


Thing #1 you just don't see in Oregon. Yummy. We ate dinner here!

Thing #2 you don't see in Oregon. Ahhh. Delightful!

After my last post we kept on driving through the middle-of-nowhere California. Do you realize that like 600 of the 800 miles of I-5 in California is nothing but barren land with a few poedunk little areas to stop along the way? I seriously thought I was going to have a mental breakdown at one point... but such is life!


I got to call home and talk to Leeann for a few minutes last night. It was so good to hear her sweet little voice!

Somehow we missed our exit off of I-5, but it ended up turning out okay. Not before I burst into tears wondering if we were ever going to make it to where we needed to be. Needless to say I was a little emotional yesterday!

So, we pulled into Aaron and Tamara's at about 10:00 last night and settled in. We're again blessed to have people to stay with! Rob's going to take me to my hotel in about an hour, and I'll meet up with everyone at Saddleback for lunch! It's hard to believe this day is finally here!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

I can't believe you ate at an In-n-out burger place!! Our friends in our small group have been talking about it for the last 2 months cuz' they've all eaten there. And now so have you!!!

UUGGGHHHH...........