Thursday, January 25, 2007

My Little Man is Sick

Rob called me at work last night asking me to come home because Titus had been throwing up. It continued through the night, though I don't think he has since 5:30ish this morning, so hopefully it's on the down side. I feel so badly for him because he's obviously miserable. It's hard as a mommy to watch your baby go through pain. This morning he was signing "more" to me to tell me that he was hungry, but I knew feeding him would only make it worse. He obviously doesn't know that though.

There are two upsides to him being sick though (well, kinda). 1.) It's good for me as a mommy to know that he needs me to care for him. There's something neat about seeing how easily a mommy can calm a sick and sad baby. 2.) I get snuggles! Titus isn't a snuggler, but he snuggled with me lots before bed, and the three or four times he woke up in the night. Rob put him in bed with me this morning too where he snuggled for a few minutes. Most of you might think this is silly to be so excited over, but he just doesn't snuggle. And I like snuggles. So, if you are prone to thinking about the good things in midst of the bad... there ya go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Todd isn't a snuggler either, so I really like the sick tired snuggly Todd. That's also a good indication he's getting sick. Now Todd is teething his first molar, so he's been snuggly for a while. I like it. :)