Friday, April 21, 2006

The Plague

A mothers love shines through at it's fullest when you hold your dear sweet daughters hair back as she throws up onto a towel with tears in her eyes. Yup, Leeann's got it too. She slept almost 2 hours later than normal this morning, that should have tipped me off to something. Shortly thereafter she got sick. She's been fine for several hours now though and she even wanted lunch so she's eating some toast as I type this. I hate to see my kids sick, it's no fun at all!

Apparently my kids aren't the only ones that are sick. We had a VBS meeting at my house this morning and one of the moms had to leave to pick up her daughter from preschool because both of the teachers were sick (this is the preschool at the church, the one I used to work at). Pastor Denny's sick too, as well as all of the kids who were in the church nursery on Wednesday for women's Bible Study (mine included). Whatever this is it seems to be spreading like wild-fire! Rob is dilligently trying to get all of his studying done today so he can either pass his lesson on if he gets sick, or so he can preach for Denny if he's not feeling well.

I had several plans today, a babysitting commitment, a lunch date with some ladies and a photo-shoot of some bullet gels (good thing they are inanimate objects, they'll be fine if I don't get to them until later).

But instead, I stay home and write to you about the woes of my day. In anticipation of my own illness I really should make a pretty strong effort to get some more housework done. I've neglected most of my home duties this week because I haven't felt tip-top, but at least I'm not throwing up... yet. I should try really hard to get some things done before I do!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Erg, so sorry you are sick. Elisha is coming down with something, he was up every hour from 2am on last night...he simply couldn't breath well through his nose. I'm not sick, though that might change soon, I feel like I've been hit by a mac truck! I will pray you all feel better soon!