Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Walking Zombie

When I set out on the adventure of taking care of baby Smith I wondered how long it would take me to be totally delirious from sleep deprivation.

Answer: 1 week.

When you find yourself trying to negotiate with a one month old for a few more minutes of sleep and when you find yourself whining like a small child, pleading, begging, and trying to reason with him in the middle of the night... you know you've gone over the edge!

Honestly, I'm tired. I miss Mee Maw. She'd come take the middle of the night shift for a night or two if she could. Oh, I wish she could.

Really, I'm okay. I'll survive this state of sleep deprivation just like billions of others have before me. I just may walk around like a walking zombie for a while before my body readjusts to this madness.

Still, somehow once I finally peel myself out of bed, pick up that little guy, make him a bottle and start loving on him, the irritations of middle of the night feedings don't seem so bad after all. He needs someone to get up with him in those wee hours, and that's what I'm here for. I can't really blame the boy for wanting to eat-- someones got to help him keep those beautiful cheeks chubby! :0)

No comments: