Sunday, February 14, 2010

Lazy Afternoon

Rob's at work, the kids are napping and I'm enjoying the quiet. Well, it's not exactly quiet because baby Smith is a loud sleeper, and he's hanging out next to me. Still though, the sounds a sleeping baby make are rather precious!

Smith has been sleeping through the night much better, and his 1+ hour feedings are taking far less time now. He seems to be a lot more alert and responsive then he was at first. Most nights I'm only up with him once, smack dab in the wee morning hours, then up again early morning. Well, early to me means before 8!

I'm getting used to multi-tasking once again, though I still need to figure out how not to neglect my household chores for the baby, nor to neglect the baby for the household chores. It's a delicate balance we mommy's have to walk!

I have blisters on my palms, and my arms are ridiculously sore from carrying around this 12 pound bundle of joy. Seriously, it was all I could do to lift my lunch to my mouth today!

We survived the millions of questions at church today. It's amazing how people flock to babies! Our really good friends also came to church with their new foster baby today so it was an especially fun baby day!

We would like to ask for your prayers for baby Smith. He has a family that loves him and can't wait to hold him and meet him and love on and care for him, but there's a lot of confusion and red-tape that's preventing him from getting to his new family in a timely manner. Pray that the powers that be can figure out how to sort through his complex situation to get him home to his family. We're happy to love on and care for him, but let's face it, there's no place like home!

No comments: