Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Weekend Highlights

Highlight #1: A family in our church had 2 extra Casting Crowns tickets... and being Pastor's Appreciation Month and all, they invited us along with them! It was AMAZING! So good just to sit in the presence of God with no worries or concerns (working at a church makes that a difficult task on Sunday mornings!) If you ever get the opportunity to see Casting Crowns in person it is SO worth it! What a huge blessing. Speaking of, one of the people that opened for them sings the song "Choose to be a blessing for life." I LOVE that song. Casting Crowns sings so many amazing songs that are encouraging, education and just plain true--as brutal as the truth can sometimes be. Anyway, it was a HUGE HUGE HUGE blessing!

Also, Kyndall babysat Leeann and Titus which was also a huge blessing. This is the first time she's watched them and more-or-less the first time she's spent time alone caring for Leeann since she's was 16 months old. Kyndall has proven time and time again that she's respectful, trustworthy and responsible (after all, she is growing up graduated from high school, finished with her college certificate and working at a real job, living on her own. Though I still think of her as 15!) Anyway, being in search of a babysitter I thought about asking her but didn't bring it up to Rob. He brought it up however, and we both decided that it was time. The kiddos had fun, and so did we! Thanks Kyndall!

Highlight #2: Rob's dad, Steve and brother Dan... or rather, "Uncle Dan" came down on Saturday morning and went to the Beavers football game with Rob. They had fun and it was great to have them down here! Leeann and Titus became crazy kiddos in the presence of Uncle Dan, he's got such a way with kids! They also go to come to church with us on Sunday and they got to hear Rob preach which was extra special. I think it was the first time Uncle Dan had gotten to hear Rob preach too! I wish they could have stayed longer, but I'm glad they got to come regardless! Thanks for coming down Steve and Dan!

Highlight #3: We had a very special family date on Sunday. We packed up kind of late on Sunday night and headed to the coffee shop up the street from our house. They have a big screen t.v.! We got some drinks and watched Extreme Makeover Home Edition with Boey's story (see a few posts before this one). I cried on a number of occasions, and even Leeann had tears streaming down her face seeing Boey being sick. She was also rather distraught that they were breaking Boey's house but I assured her it was a good thing, that they were building her a new house that would be safer for Boey!

I found out last night that www.abc.com had full episodes of the t.v. show, so click on over and watch the show if you missed it on Sunday!

Highlight #4: Okay, it happened last night, not this weekend... but... Rob and Titus and I finished dinner and were talking in our bedroom while Leeann finished her dinner in the dining room. We were chatting for a little while and realized we hadn't heard from Leeann in a few minutes and I joked about her sleeping at the table (it's been a while since she's done that though it was quite common in her younger days). Anyway, we went out there and sure enough, she was fast asleep with her head resting on the table! It was SO cute. So, I put the kiddos to bed at 6:30 because they were both obviously tired (Titus's nap got cut super short). Rob went to his meeting and we were sitting on the couch at 9:30 and all of the sudden I heard Leeann yell from her room, "Mommy, I'm all done!" It was hilarious! I think she woke up thinking she was still at the table and wanted to let me know she's all done with her food? Cute. I have pictures, but I need to down load them. I'll try to do that soon!

3 comments:

Suzy said...

Thank you again for letting me be a part of your special night at Casting Crowns. Love them! (Robyn called me during one of my fav songs, Voice of Truth)

Sounds like a great weekend.
Suz

Megan said...

I watched the whole episode on ABC.com after reading your website. Tears streamed down my face during at least half of it. SO powerful. Thank you so much!

Rebecca.Alburn said...

Oh, I'm so sad.
Extreme Makeover Home Edition is my favorite TV show and I am surprised I missed the local one... I bookmarked the Boey episode link when you wrote this post and just tonight I wanted to sit down and watch it. Well, it's too late! I guess they only keep the past 2 episodes on the ABC website. Bummer.