Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Having fun at the MCOY

M-C-O-Y... that's what Leeann calls it. For those of us who aren't four years old it is also known as the YMCA. Rob and I took the plunge and joined a couple of weeks ago. We've both noticed a little more padding over the last couple of years than either of us would like to see so we're hitting the gym 2-3 times a week. The kids go with us and go to the childcare center while we do cardio and weights, then we take the kids to the gym to 'exercise'. We play tag, we race and kick the soccer ball around. We even went swimming the other day which was extra fun!

I look forward to our times at the gym. It's not so fun to get ready to go but I'm always grateful we made the time once we are there. And, I'll be even more grateful when (hopefully) I start to see the results physically. An added bonus--I usually get to watch Oprah :0)

One thing that probably detracts from my goal of health and weight loss is my fairly new found blended mocha habit. I realized today that I've had one every day since last Friday. Friday I made one at home. Saturday I had a meeting with some ladies at Starbucks. Sunday I had a lovely date with my husband at Starbucks. Monday I had one at our Monday morning staff meeting. Tuesday I made one at home (I had a headache and it seemed to be the only thing that would make it go away... hmmm) and today I got a coffee with Kimmee, a high school girl that I'm mentoring this year.

Yikes. It seems that my habit is spinning out of control. And, like I said, I'm pretty sure it's not helping the waist-line issue!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Coffee drinks are the best, though!!!!