Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Herd of Elephants

My children are supposed to be napping. They are up in their room, which is right above mine and for some reason it sounds like I have a herd of elephants over-head. I'm sure that's what's up there because my kids are angels and the must be sleeping!

The kiddos share a bedroom and they are locked in there at sleeping times by a baby gate at the door. There are two beds, two dressers and a rocking chair-- not much to distract them or to destruct. For some reason though I'm hearing a consistent pitter-patter bolt across the floor overhead. Hmmm. It is occasionally interrupted by a loud "thud" and some whining. What are those elephants doing?

And now, suddenly all goes quite. Funny isn't it, how as a mother the times you worry are not the times where it sounds like elephants are going to fall through the floor? Rather, it's times that you can't hear anything at all. The ironies of life!

No comments: